I have a tumblr blog and an Etsy shop.

Find me on twitter @Sophieamyart

Thursday 15 November 2012

I want a studio, not a garage.

My studio space - where I create/store work is my garage. I technically make all my work in the front room but I consider my garage to be my studio.

It's a mess at the moment - half finished projects and drying icing sculptures dotted about the place. It was also become a bit of a dumping ground for Christmas presents.

In the talk by the Visual Arts Trader man he made the point that this space is technically a permanent exhibition of my work and I should use it.

So I'm going to tidy it up, it really seems like a space I am not using at its full potential.

The occasions where people who like art - such as my fabulous grandmother Nanni Carole - pop over I want there to be a proper space for them to look around rather than a garage filled with some junk and a few art pieces in between.

The visual trader man also said they want to do an advertisement project where they give information on open studios - and I want to be ready for when this happens.

I think I'll make some racks to tidy up the clutter and maybe a few floor level drawer boxes. I'll post pictures up of the before and after and some tutorials of what studio furniture I make.

See examples of my work on my facebook or my flickr account

No comments:

Post a Comment