I have a tumblr blog and an Etsy shop.

Find me on twitter @Sophieamyart

Monday 19 November 2012

Creative Career Blogs to Read

So I've been catching up on a few other people's blogs for tips on improving my online visibility and also getting the confidence to actually consider the scary prospect of being an artist as a career. I've got a few of the best and most inspiring sites on here for anyone to have a look at.

Also I figured out how to make links properly. Finally.

So just click on the orange titles to visit the related sites.


1) 38 Amazing People who will help you quit your job and follow your Dreams.


I chose this blog post not because I have a job that I need to quit - I'm a jobless student, but the testimonials are inspirational and make me excited over the prospect of being self employed one day. It also gives a boost to my artistic dreams, which is always nice.


2) 8 Awesome Free Guides

This is a list of guides, making this a bit of an inception post - a blog list within a blog list. Also the whole site is a gold mine of really useful info - hence why it features twice on this small blog post. It has information about everything blog-related, creative career-related and many inspiring lists of things making this the main site I look into when I need to give myself a little online pep talk.

I will be using some of the practical posts it suggests and uploading the results as I go.


3) So you quit your job, now what?

Another job related blog. It's a blog about trying to figure out what makes you unhappy about your job. What makes you unhappy can be really tricky to put your finger on and knowing how to change the things that effect us negatively is something artists do quite often when creating our work to our own personal standards.


4) 8 Ways to Customise your Facebook-Business page

And lastly a very practical blog about how to make your facebook page stand out from the crowd with tips on how to customise the notoriously rigid structure of Facebook.

5) Making it

This is a wonderful post from literally the coolest website EVER. It's a very positive post from people who have been-there-done-that. They took a degree (fine art) that made them feel helpless in choosing their perfect careers. It gives good advice on how to set up a portfolio that contains art you want to be known for rather than work you feel you should make, or you have made as a project for uni or college.

No comments:

Post a Comment