I have a tumblr blog and an Etsy shop.

Find me on twitter @Sophieamyart

Thursday 31 May 2012

Possible Career Decisions

I have decided today that I would really love to be a digital designer of some-sort. I still need to email around and make a few more perminant decisions after a bit of solid advice and some more research.

I like the flexibility it gives me. I could potentially work in advertising then move to designing movie posters or book covers because the skills are transferable once you know the software.

So I've ordered Painter 12 along with a Wacom tablet. I'm going to experiment with a combination of oil painting, mixed media and then finally digitally painting the pieces.

I'm really excited for my stuff to arrive, just got to go computer shopping, as this old laptop of mine wouldn't have enough memory to hold the software and its resulting pieces of work.



In other news, the volunteer interview I went for was a bit of a waste of time. The person interviewing me was 15 minutes (at least) late, so i left. Bit of a bummer for a couple of hours driving but c'est le vie. I got to see some beautiful miniature wildflower meadows and a really healthy looking Rose Chafer beetle. So all in all it was a good day.

See examples of my work and keep up-to-date on my facebook or my flickr account

No comments:

Post a Comment