I have a tumblr blog and an Etsy shop.

Find me on twitter @Sophieamyart

Wednesday 23 May 2012

The first Steps of my Career

Well more like the act of packing a adorable little polka dot handkerchief.

I actually wrote a CV *gasp* and sent it to galleries who were advertising for volunteers *double gasp*

But yes, I got a reply from a nice museum who want me to come to an information session. It may seem a little redundant getting an unpaid position but with art being such a sparse jobs market any experience is good experience. and I want to get the volunteer part of art hopefully out of the way.

I'm currently working for my family's firm, making adverts and their annual calender so that's technically creative experience too. I feel like I'm heading in the right direction. Even if I'm unsure of the eventual destination.

So yes, imagine me as a little art hobo.

Although I do have less time for actual art work, I figure a painting a week is a good aim.

I have completed a white, bay and black horse and have a dun and a chestnut all sketched up and ready to rock.

I want to get the dun done *giggle* tomorrow after a short trip into uni as I'll get home earlier than if I went into work. I'm thinking a nice mustard yellow for him. I know it isn't technically a jewel but ah well. It's nice and vibrant.

Also should I have a sign off signiture?

See examples of my work and keep up-to-date on my facebook or my flickr account

No comments:

Post a Comment